Date Posted: Aug 01, 2016
Application Deadline: Aug 15, 2016
Start Date: Sep 12, 2016
Region: Hamilton Area
Hamilton Fringe Festival
The Hamilton Fringe Festival is an eleven-day performing arts event that runs every July in downtown Hamilton, Ontario.
Presenting live theatre in an informal, accessible and inexpensive environment, the Fringe strives to break down traditional boundaries to participation in the arts- for artists and audiences alike.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant provides a variety of support services, manages office operations, volunteers, and assists with program development and delivery. Requires excellent customer relations skills, knowledge of office systems, procedures, computers and facility management.
• Oversee office administration, including filing system, equipment and facility.
• Perform administrative duties to support daily business activities
• Assist in recruiting, selection and coordination of volunteers.
• Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and auxiliary groups as appropriate
• Drafts minutes of meetings of the Executive Committees and Board of Directors
• Prepares routine correspondence, meeting materials, e-newsletters and other documents
• Maintains and controls office supply inventory
• Greet and engage visitors at all Hamilton Festival Theatre Company events and venues
• Maintains and updates organizational documents, lists and manuals.
• Answers incoming calls
• Reads and replies to incoming e-mails and voice mail
• Updates website and all social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
• Prepares tax receipts and updates donor recognition pages on website and in files
• Assists with bookkeeping and runs financial reports as directed
• Oversees vendor contracts for services
• Office management and maintenance
• Assists with festival administration and producing for Frost Bites, ALERT and the 2017 Hamilton Fringe Festival
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proficient at MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and Mac OS applications
• Basic bookkeeping and record keeping an asset (especially QuickBooks accounting software)
• Excellent interpersonal and phone skills
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Demonstrated commitment to serving internal and external clients
• Self-motivated- takes initiative, ability to learn quickly
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
• Knowledge and facility with database management software (SUMAC, Rosetta, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in website and social media maintenance
• Ability to develop and maintain office and file systems (paper and electronic)
• High school diploma or equivalent; University/college in arts administration or equivalent an asset.
• 2-3 years of work experience in an administrative support position in an office.
• Non-profit experience, working with volunteers and/or marketing experience preferred, but not required.
Monday through Friday (25 hours per week) 10-3pm with occasional additional hours for special events and meetings, including evenings and weekends. $15.00/hour. Contract position starting September 12, 2016 and ending March 1, 2017.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please make sure that everything is in one PDF. Only electronic PDF submissions will be accepted.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants in advance.
Send PDF to: Mrs. Marilo Nunez- firstname.lastname@example.org